Journal Entry: Getting Back Into My Normal Routine
Being on a break is fun and all but it also means that you're way out of loop with the normalities of your own life... especially when your little break has lasted way longer than you thought it would.
These past couple of months, I've flown thousands of miles across several seas and oceans and I've spent a lot of time with my family. I've been away for a couple of months and now that I'm finally back in Manchester... having alone time feels completely and utterly weird. Like although I have daily chores and a ton of errands to do everyday, it feels as if I have way too much time on my hands. It's not that I don't know what to do with myself, but it's rather like I'm not sure what to do first so I end up not doing much because I simply can't decide or prioritise.
So since I last wrote an update about myself, here's what's happened since then:
- My hair is shorter and I have gotten a big-curl perm that gives me permanent beach waves - yes, my inner lazy girl is incredibly happy!
- I've also abandoned my bullet journal that I started the first week back in January because I simply did not have the time or energy to continue doing so whilst I was back home
- I haven't been writing as much as I'd like to (BUT I can definitely see a maturity and an improvement in terms of my own writing style)
- My workout routine has been on and off so my weight has been fluctuating as the food in Asia is simply too good to resist
- I have a ton of catching-up to do in terms of watching my favourite shows on YouTube and Netflix. I mean, I have over hundreds of unwatched videos on YouTube and a few seasons of shows to be streamed on Netflix 😩
- All my cute succulents in my apartment are now dead and I'm left with a lot of empty pots
- I also contracted the influenza virus the moment I got back to Hong Kong and has been incredibly sick for the last couple of weeks. I've had to deal with swollen glands, inflamed throat, chest and nasal congestion along with dry, heavy coughing that's also resulted in me losing my voice. In other words, I've been hella sick for like nearly three weeks
Fast forward to now:
I'm focused on getting back on a daily exercise routine, taking my vitamins, making progress and chipping away on that mountain of episodes that's been piling up on my YouTube and Netflix account, re-organising and cleaning absolutely everything in sight, apartment hunting, eating healthier and planning my daily as well as long-term goals for myself. Yes I do still have a bit of a cough and a little bit of chest congestion but I'm definitely, nearly 100% healthy again.
To be honest with you, it's been kinda weird getting back into a set of routine that's all about me but I'm slowly starting to feel normal again. I really cannot begin to explain how hectic life can get when I'm back in Asia but yeah, I'm having to readjust my mindset and my pace. Trying my best to remember to slow down, not stress and just take it easy.
Until next time you guys 💖