Journal Entry: November
GUYS. Guys. Wow. It’s the 4th of December today! Where and how has the year gone by? I guess it’s true what they say, time really flies the older you get. I’ve been up to so much last month and didn’t have the time to write a journal entry for it but here’s a look back at what I’ve been up to last month:
• Flew back to Hong Kong early November to surprise my mom for her birthday — yes there were lots of tears and screams. I basically ate through the city and had to deal with one of the worst jet lags ever.
• Received news about being accepted onto Media Trust’s Hidden Talent Program and flew back earlier than expected to attend my induction
← Met a bunch of very talented individuals through the program and am now the producer for a new BAME zine, IN:COLOUR. Been working so so hard on this and we’re finally launching on the 13th of December! If you’re around in Manchester and would like to attend our launch then please purchase a ticket (the ticket comes with a complimentary copy of the zine) ❤️
• Got to work with AUrate for the second time and once again, was blown away by the quality of their designs. Holla for conscious and ethical shopping.
• Finished binge-watching Chilling Adventures of Sabrina in two days. I would give this a 8/10 cause it was entertaining but two points off because it was a tiny bit cheesy. Overall though, a good watch.
→ Taught myself how to make stop motion animation (feat. Aurate products). Not only am I super proud of myself but I’ve also gained tremendous respect for all animators out there. My simple 16 second video took over 6 hours of shooting, editing and rendering 😭. Just imagine how long and lengthy an entire feature film would take!
• OH OMG! I finally watched The Lord of The Rings (all of them) and my, my was it good. Yes... judge me all you want — I’m one of those who knows/heard of the story but have never actually seen it. I have to say: I related to Gimli’s struggles ie. not being able to see past the freaking wall, nearly drowning in shallow waters, etc. So I laughed way harder than I should have when he said “nobody tosses a dwarf!”
• And as part of my ongoing pursue towards a more sustainable lifestyle, I’ve stopped buying plastic toothbrushes (yay, one small change at a time) and switched to using bamboo ones instead. There really isn’t that much of a difference in terms of texture and feel so overall, love it. Read the environmental benefits of using bamboo toothbrushes here.
• Snagged some really good deals this Black Friday so all my Christmas shopping is essentially done. Don’t worry, I only shopped for what I needed and definitely opted for quality over quantity this time around. I’m very happy with my grown-up choices and purchases.
Okay I think that’s all. I can’t think of any other exciting things I did over November cause I was just so busy with work. I’m currently down with a flu so I’m off to go take some meds, make some soup and congee and call it a day. Till next entry 😊